The Mahdi is believed to be a future Muslim world leader who will not only rule over the Islamic world, but also the non-Muslim world as well. The Mahdi is said to lead a world revolution that will establish a new Islamic world order throughout the entire earth…ultimately the “righteous” will take the world administration in their hands and Islam will be victorious over all religions.
The Mahdi’s means of accomplishing this world revolution will include multiple military campaigns or holy wars (jihad) and he will conquer all.
Islamic tradition pictures the Mahdi as joining with the army of Muslim warriors carrying black flags (ISIS). The Mahdi will then lead this army to Israel and re-conquer it for Islam. The Jews will be slaughtered until very few remain and Jerusalem will become the location of the Mahdi’s rule over the Earth. The Mahdi will reign from Jerusalem and “Baitul Maqdas”, “the holy house”. This is referring to the Dome of the Rock Mosque and is located on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. (Note that they believe the Mahdi will reign for 7 years then die – this is exactly what the Bible says will happen with the Anti-Christ. Also, the book of Revelation says that the Anti-Christ will have supernatural powers which will lead many believe to believe he is God. They will worship him because of this. This easily explains how the world will be united as one religion…all are waiting for a messiah!)
It is obvious that the Muslim Mahdi is, in fact, the Anti-Christ. To summarize:
- The Mahdi is Islam’s primary messiah figure.
- He will be a descendant of Muhammad and will bear Muhammad’s name (Muhammad bin Abdullah).
- He will be a very devout Muslim.
- He will be an unparalleled spiritual, political and military world leader.
- He will emerge after a period of great turmoil and suffering upon the earth.
- He will establish “justice and righteousness” throughout the world and eradicate tyranny and oppression (under Sharia law).
- He will be the Caliph and Imam (vice-regent and leader) of Muslims worldwide
- He will lead a world revolution and establish a new world order.
- He will lead military action against all those who oppose him.
- He will invade many countries.
- He will make a seven year peace treaty with a Jew of priestly lineage.
- He will conquer Israel for Islam and lead the “faithful Muslims” in a final slaughter/battle against Jews.
- He will establish the new Islamic world headquarters from Jerusalem.
- He will rule for seven years (possibly as much as eight or nine).
- He will cause Islam to be the only religion practiced on the earth.
- He will appear riding a white horse (possibly symbolic).
- He will discover some previously undiscovered biblical manuscripts that he will use to argue with the Jews and cause some Jews to convert to Islam.
- He will also re-discover the Ark of the Covenant from the Sea of Galilee, which he will bring to Jerusalem.
- He will have supernatural power from Allah over the wind and the rain and crops.
- He will posses and distribute enormous amounts of wealth.
- He will be loved by all the people of the earth.